About Ezine Article Directory
EzineArticles.com is perhaps the most popular online article directory on the internet.
Publishing articles in an online article directory is a popular method of gaining online exposure for your site. Not only does Ezine publish your articles in their directory, but other sites are then free to use them, as long as the links in the article remain intact.
This will increase the traffic flow to your sites through the links, as well as increase your credibility as far as search engines are concerned through links. In addition, both the directory pages, and the sites on which the articles may appear are indexed by search engines, providing backlinks to your website, which helps your rankings.
There are various conditions for publishing your articles on Ezine. In the section below, we’ll cover a summary of these rules and guidelines. It is advisable to read up on all of the conditions before submitting an article, to avoid the possibility of your article being rejected.
Listed below are a few of the Ezine conditions, regarding your content:
- You may not copy anyone else’s work and claim it as your own.
- Your article must consist of your knowledge and be informative.
- Your article must be written in proper English, including punctuation.
- Do not include any adult or pornographic content in your article.
- Your article cannot include any information on any criminal activity.
- Do not resubmit an article that you have already submitted on Ezine.
- Put commas between each keyword.
- Use a minimum of four to five keywords, and a maximum of 25.
- Your article summary must be between two and five sentences, and not be more than 200 words.
Guidelines On Writing And Using Tags
The following are Ezine’s rules regarding the usage of tags and your writing style:
- Your first and last name, and not a company name, must appear as the author of the article. You may not use initials or your title (except for Dr, MD, PhD and other doctorate-level degrees)
- Every person is only entitled to one account and no more, however co-authors can be added under your account.
- Your article must be between 250 and 5000 words.
- Do not include a URL, product pitch or outright self-promotion in your article, use the resource box for this.
- There are a list of HTML tags that may be included, including
<b>BOLD</b>; <em>EMPHASIS</em> and <u>UNDERLINE</u>.
- The list of HTML tags that are not allowed to be included in the article include:
- Your article must have appropriate paragraph breaks and be single spaced.
- Ensure that you use the correct formatting for bulleted or numbered lists.
Using Links And URLs
You are allowed a total of four links in your article and the resource box. This consists of a maximum of two active or inactive links to your own website or one in which will benefit you, and two active or inactive links to websites that you do not own or are of no benefit to you.
The two links of personal benefit to you should only be used in your resource box. Please note that you may not use the same URL more than once in the same article.
In addition to this, your active or inactive links cannot appear within the first three paragraphs. The legitimate URLs in your resource box will be auto-formatted, but the ones in the body of your article will not be.
None of your links are permitted to contain downloadable files of any type, and must link to an active website and not one which is under construction. In addition to this, Ezine insists that all links must add value to your website, and not be there purely for the purpose of including your anchor text.
Click on the link for a list of links to article directories.